This time of year, young members of Etz Chaim like you are considering Jewish-based learning experiences in Israel as well as other countries in Europe. Did you know that scholarships may be available for you? Review the criteria below to see if you qualify. If so, apply soon!
A scholarship fund was established in honor of Bob Goldman, a dear member of Etz Chaim’s Men’s Club, to be used for the youth of our congregation. He felt it was important to help the young members travel to Israel to study and take part in every-day Jewish life. Now may be the right time for you. If so, the deadline to apply is May 1 and scholarships are limited.
Here are the criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
- Parent(s) of the applicant must be members in good standing of Congregation Etz Chaim in the year the application is received.
- Applicant must be older than 15 years of age and younger than 23 years of age at the start time of the program they plan to attend.
- To sustain the Scholarship Fund endowment, a student will not be permitted more than one lifetime award.
- The applicant must be on a formal program, at least 28 days in length that is sponsored by one of the following organizations:
- Congregation Etz Chaim
- A recognized youth movement
- A Jewish School
- An Israeli University
- The program must take place in Israel or Eastern Europe Exceptions of program locale will be handled on a case by case basis with the Men’s Club Board.
- The applicant must provide a short essay that describes what he/she expects to gain from the program they will be attending. When providing the essay in the online form, be sure to save a copy of your essay on your local device before submitting your application.
- Notice of acceptance from the program, including the program name and address, must accompany the application.
- Applicants must apply online via the link below by May 1.
- The applicant must provide an email address to facilitate timely communication.
10. Applicant must give brief report, after their return, at a Men's Club meeting to describe their experiences in Israel and/or the program in general.
Fill out the form below!